Les Gets Village France, was my second stop on my trip across the Portes Du Soleil area during Summer and just like Morzine. I associated it with skiing Now I have been to Les Gets Ski Resort France on numerous occasions during winter and it has become one of my favourite Ski Resorts, not just for skiing but because of the people too.
So going in Summer really intrigued me and I was excited to see what Les Gets had in store for me over the next few days.
The first thing I noticed when I arrived was just how beautiful, relaxed and green it was and how completely different it looked not covered in snow. Les Gets France itself is a traditional charming village, with cosy chalet-style restaurants and accommodation. It is a real working village that is inhabited all year around.
Summer in Les Gets
Pretty and unspoiled, Les Gets Village forms part of the Portes Du Soleil area, interlinking 12 resorts across both France and Switzerland. Enjoy a wide range of activities on and off the mountains with a Multi-Pass, and with a large selection of restaurants and pubs to cater to your needs, there is something for everyone.
⇒ You can check what is currently required to enter France before travelling there.
What to do in Les Gets
There is no shortage of activities during the summer period from mountain bike riding, and swinging from the trees in the Adventure Park to trying to complete the inflatable obstacle course ‘Wibit’ on the lake. Meaning it is a perfect spot for both families and friends for a holiday. With Geneva airport being less than an hour away, it is also a great spot for a weekend break.
Table of Contents
- Summer in Les Gets
- What to do in Les Gets
- What’s open in the Summer season
- The Multi-Pass for Les Portes du Soleil
- Play Golf with Mont Blanc as your backdrop
- Have lunch at the Le Chalet Du Golf Restaurant
- Help yourself to an electric bike in Les Gets
- Climb amongst the trees at Aventure Parc
- Take a Spa at Sereni Cimes
- Restaurants open in summer Les Gets
- Restaurant Du Lac
- Summer Accommodation Les Gets
- Les Gets Location
- Top Tips for spending summer in Les Gets
- Other Resorts linked to Les Gets in the Summer
What’s open in the Summer season
There is so much open in the Summer season in Les Gets, which starts in early June to early September when the first cable car opens and the last one will close. There are different opening and ending dates for the various cable cars during Summer but they are roughly open at similar times.
Whether you are hiking, bike riding, or enjoying one of the other many activities, cable cars can be used by everyone.
Lifts that are Opening during Summer in Les Gets
- Mont Chery Gondola
- Point Chair
The Multi-Pass for Les Portes du Soleil
I used a Multi-Pass across the Portes du Soleil during my summer trip to try out the activities on offer. It is a card that you can use for various activities with unlimited access to more than 60 activities in the 12 resorts across France and Switzerland. Not to mention discounts as well on other services and businesses.
You never run out of things to do and you can definitely understand why more and more families are going to this beautiful part of the world each year.
There are different types of Multi-Pass and they are super flexible, you can get them for a day, weekly or even weekends. It really depends on your needs and budget.
- The Multi-pass Séjour (visitor) for those who are staying at a Multi-Pass hotel
- A daily Multi-pass, for the occasional walker or hiker
- Season Multi-pass for those who live near the Portes du Soleil
From only 2€ a day a Multi-Pass is ideal for those who want to make the most of the mountains without spending too much money and families. Some of the activities include access to Swimming pools, cable cars for walking and hiking, tennis courts and mini golf, the list goes on. The best place to get a multi-pass is at the ski lift ticket offices.
- Check to see if you are staying in a ‘Multi Pass’ accommodation and you can get a pass for as little as 2€ (or 2.5 CHF) a day.
- The Multi Pass is FREE for children under the age of 5 years old, with proof of age.
What is included in your Multi Pass in Les Gets
- 22 lifts for pedestrians
- Swimming Pools and mountain lakes
- Mini-golfs pitches
- Village Road Train Heritage Tour
- Mechanical Music Museum
- Inter-Resort shuttles
- Tennis Courts
- Library ‘Lire Aux Gets’
- Express Chavannes Chairlift
- Lac Des Écoles (Includes an adapted swimming area)
- La Pointe Chairlift
- Mont Chéery Cable Car
Activities that you will get a discount with a Multi Pass in Les Gets
- Keolan Yoga
- Aventure Park
- Private Swimming Lesson
Photo Provided By Les Gets Touris – Les GETS été 2015.
Play Golf with Mont Blanc as your backdrop
The Les Gets Golf Course is an 18 hole course with some impressive panoramic views of the surrounding mountains, as well as Mont Blanc. It is open during the summer period and has everything that you want for a great day out golfing. There is a clubhouse, pro shop, training area with a camera to check your swing, and even a restaurant where you enjoy a drink or a meal afterward.
I had a great morning playing golf with my fun (and very patient) instructor Luc Doucet, who not only showed me around, and played golf with me but also help me to perfect my swing.
Now, I haven’t been on too many golf courses in my time but I have to say I was blown away by the views, especially of Mont Blanc at the 7th hole.
- 1 Gree Fee – Starting from 43€ 1 Green Fee “end of the day” (after 5.00pm)
- Renting: Buggy – 31€ Trolley 5€ Club – 2€ 1/2 Set of Clubs – 11€ or 1 set of Clubs – 16€
- Practice: 1 token (25 balls) 2.50€ 3 tokens 6€ or 6 tokens 10€ 10 sessions of 3 series Video Golf – 5€
- There is a video golf in the practice area that all you need to do is scan your pass and it will film you. Great if you are trying to perfect your swing before a game.
Have lunch at the Le Chalet Du Golf Restaurant
After a round of golf, why don’t you check out ‘Le Chalet Du Golf Restaurant’. Located at the entrance of the golf course and adjoined to the clubhouse. The restaurant offers a variety of handmade courses with fresh salads and chips, as well as serval menu specials like Burgers and omelets. They also have a nice selection of desserts and cakes.
If you don’t want to eat but would like a drink or a snack then that is not a problem either. You can just take in the views of the golf course on one side and the views over the Les Gets Village and surrounding mountains on the other.
Help yourself to an electric bike in Les Gets
A great way to get around Les Gets France and explore the area is to use one of the environmentally friendly electric bikes that are made available to the public. They are intended to complement the local transport service and to help the environment.
There are 5 bike areas where you can pick up and drop off a bike as and when you choose and payment is made at the end of the validity period, according to the period of use. All you need to do to get started is register on the website and then use the touchscreen stations at the bike stations to get your bike.
Being electric means not only do the mountains not feel so steep but everyone can use them.
Additional Information – Pricing
- 30 minutes a day = FREE
- Extra half hour (up to 4 hours of use) 1€ every 30 minutes
- Extra half hour (from the 5th hour of use) 2,50€ every 30 minutes
- Half-day (4h) 7€
- Full day (8h) 27€
Climb amongst the trees at Aventure Parc
If you are looking for an adventure with a group of friends or even with your family then you can not go past Adventure Parc. With treetop adventures on over 86 obstacles on 7 different routes, at all different levels, there is something for everyone.
Located next to the leisure center lake where the Aquatiqure Wibit is, is a place where you can leap, swing, climb and jump around the mountain forest. The courses are designed specifically for children and some for juniors and some for adults.
Additional Information – Pricing
- Prices – Start from 12.80€ depending on the time of day
- Open – Daily from between 10am – 6pm
- Period – From late June to late August
- If you are a little scared or don’t know what you are doing, do not worry as there is always someone from Aventure Parc to assist. Best to ask them before you start which route would be best for you.
Take a Spa at Sereni Cimes
Nothing beats a nice massage or a spa after a fun day of adventures like hiking and mountain bike riding. Spa Sereni Cimes in Les Gets is definitely the place to head to. Apart from the indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi (for guests only), sauna and steam room. They have a wide range of massages and treatments to choose from to enjoy.
The Spa Sereni Cimes is located under the La Tapiaz Hotel de charme directly across from the Hotel La Marmotte. It is open daily from 4 pm. hotel guests from Hotel La Marmotte and La Tapiaz Hotel are free. The general public are allowed to use the spa facilities, however, there is a fee. Indoor Pool Spa Sereni Les Gets France
I went during winter after a hard day of skiing and I immediately felt relaxed without even doing anything. The lady inside was also very welcoming too which made it more pleasurable.
- The hydrotherapy and spa area is open to adults aged 18+ only (or 16+ if accompanied by an adult).
- Children residents of the hotel are allowed in the pool if accompanied by their parents.
Restaurants open in summer Les Gets
Nothing beats enjoying a hearty lunch or dinner when you have been enjoying summer activities like hiking. The main problem is deciding where you are going to eat. Here are a couple of restaurants open during the summer season in Les Gets that you may like.
Restaurant Du Lac
Situated on the Lake, near both the Wibit and the Adventure Parc with some beautiful views is Restaurant Du Lac (Also known as The Lake Restaurant). The menu is simple, homemade and really good if you stick to one of the two daily specials you can’t go wrong.
The staff were really friendly and welcoming and it was so nice sitting outside on the balcony taking in the views while enjoying my lunch with a glass of Rose in hand.
They say that Les Chev has some of the best views over Les Gets and of Mont Blac and I agree. Located in the Mont Caly area, this chalet style building is surrounded by a large terrace taking advantage of the views. I have been here in both winter and summer with two completely different views and both are just as stunning as each other.
The family run restaurant serves all your traditional favorites like fondue, raclette, and local cured meats. But if you love Tartiflette definitely try it here because it is one of the best in the area. I have had it twice now and it is pretty yummy.
A great thing to do in summer is to hike to the restaurant and build up an appetite.
- If you love Sunset this is a great spot to watch the sun come down. The colours in the sky are amazing and especially behind Mont Blanc.
Fruitière des Perrières
If you love history and you love cheese then Fruitiére des Perriéres is not to be missed during your stay. They have some of the best cheese in Les Gets and it is locally made right next door. The restaurant looks like it is in a rustic style barn and it feels like you visiting friends for a home-cooked meal.
I was informed that the restaurant used to be the family cheese making factory. However, due to European law changing they were not able to make cheese in there anymore. So they build a new factory right next door and turned the old one into a restaurant.
If you are looking for someone for a group of friends or family this is a great spot.
Summer Accommodation Les Gets
Les Gets Village has a wide variety of accommodation spread out in the village that is available during summer. Most of the main hotels are situated in the centre but don’t be discouraged to stay further out. A 15-20min walk would be the most to get you back to your accommodation and there is a regular bus service that covers the whole of the Les Gets Village.
La Marmotte Hôtels-Chalets de Tradition
The chalet hotel La Marmotte and Spa is a charming and pretty hotel ideally located opposite the bike track (ski fields). As well as only a few hundred meters away from both the Chavannes Gondal and Chavannes chairlift. The hotel has a heated indoor swimming pool with a sauna and jacuzzi.
The hotel also boasts 4 restaurants which are on and off the mountain as well as two bars. I loved coming back in the afternoon and relaxing with a drink, it felt like I was at home. Chalet Hotel La Marmotte and Spa France is a great place to stay and in an ideal location.
About the Rooms
I had a spacious room on the second floor with a balcony that had direct views over the bike park (or ski fields in Winter). The bed was comfy and the internet worked well, something I always look for in a hotel. I also had a desk with power points for working. As well as two little sitting areas, one on the balcony and one in the room to take advantage of the views.
Tip for Crankworx World Tour
- If you are in Les Gets for the Crankworx World Tour, then this is a great hotel to stay in. Not only do you have views of the course but it is about 100 meters away from the finish line.
Hotel Le Nagano
Another option is Hotel Le Nagano, I stayed here during the Rock the Pistes festival in winter. Located right across the road from the main ski slopes and in the heart of Les Gets France. The hotel has a heated swimming pool, gym, and sauna. The hotel also has uncovered parking and a garage, which is great if you are driving from London.
Our room was decorated in a charming chalet style with a balcony that had views of the slopes and tourism office. The room also had strong Free-Wifi and a desk with power outlets.
Les Gets Location
The closest international airport is Geneva which is only an hour from Les Gets France. Making it one of the quickest and most accessible resorts to get to in Europe, especially for a weekend break.
Due to this there are numerous ways of getting to Les Gets like buses, trains, private transfer, shared transfer or hire a car . All vary in price depending on what you can afford.
Transfer in summer
The best way to get to Les Gets during the summer season is via a transfer, whether shared or private. There are not as many transfer companies as in the winter season, however, there are still good ones available.
As I was with the tourism board, I was picked up and I did not use one of the transfer companies. You can try companies like Ski-Lifts which run through both the winter and summer seasons.
Top Tips for spending summer in Les Gets
- We all need WIFI and if you can’t find any, you can go to the tourism office and use the wireless access for FREE.
- Go to Mont-Chery with your MultiPass to take in the views around Les Gets, the Alps and of Mont Blanc.
- Visit the Mechanical-Music museum for its music boxes, phonographs, organs and the mechanical bells used for the 150th anniversary of the Savoie’s annexation to France.
- There are 4 bus routes that run through the village every 15 minutes during the school holidays for FREE.
- Rent a ‘Pocket Wifi’ from the Tourist Office and stay connected.
- Love the water and obstacle course, then you can’t go past using the Wibit. Which is a large a large, floating, inflatable obstacle course to play on
If you are interested in discovering more of the Portes Du Soleil in either Summer or Winter, you can check out the following articles. All are great options for a ski weekend trip with friends or with family.
- A Summer Guide – Morzine, France
- Champéry Ski Resort (Also known as part of the new Région Dents du Midi ) – Champery, Switzerland
- Ski Chatel Ski Resorts – Chatel, France
Thank you for reading this article ‘What to do in the Summertime – Les Gets France’. I hope it helped you to decide on where to go on your next action-packed Summer Holiday.
Have you been to Les Gets before? I would love to hear about your experiences in the comments below.
If you liked this article on cruising in France, please pin it for later!
Remember that you need to get some good Hiking Boots before your next adventure.