The Liebster Award
I was recently nominated by the lovely Jurga from http://fullsuitcase.com/ to receive the Liebster Award which is an award/nomination that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers to help promote new and upcoming blogs. It is nice way of helping gain recognition for their hard work. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011.
Jurga from http://fullsuitcase.com/ is a mom, wife, photographer and traveler. Originally from Lithuanian, she now is located in Belgium working full-time and travels part time with her husband and 3 adorable boys. Her blog is about giving great tips while traveling with children. I enjoyed answering the questions from her, as part of the nomination and I hope that the people I nominated have a lot fun too.
The Rules of the Liebster Award 2016
The rules have seem to change over time a little but here the most update version that I am aware of for 2016
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog onto your blog.
- Display the Liebster Award photo on your blog post
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers/blogs who you think deserve the Liebster Award.
- Create 11 questions of your own for the nominees to answer on their blogs
- Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do.
- List these rules in your blog post.
Get to know me – my answers to the Liebster Awards questions
1- What does traveling mean to you?
There is a quote “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer” –Author unknown. This is what traveling means to me
2 – What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
- Paragliding off a mountain in Turkey.
- Flew into one of the world’s most dangerous airport in Himalayas
3 – What are your top 3 favorite cities in the world? Describe in one word why.
- Melbourne, Australia – Diversified
- London, England – Amazing
- Los Angles, USA – Fun
4 – If you won a trip of your choice, where would you go?
Antarctica, South Pole and Greenland
5 – Mountains or beaches?
Mountains as you can enjoy them in both the winter and summer seasons.
6 – What’s your most memorable travel experience?
Reaching the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro on my birthday and having everyone at the top singing Happy Birthday to me.
7 – If you could give one tip for other travelers, what would that be?
Smile as often as you can & say hello, you will be surprised how far it will get you.
8 – What’s the worst thing that happened to you when traveling?
Getting food poisoning, while being caught in the middle of an earthquake in India.
9 – What’s your favorite place in your home country?
Melbourne, Australia as it offers something for everyone.
10 – Books or movies?
Books for inspiration, movies for relaxing.
11 – 5 random facts about yourself
- I am an Indigenous Australian from both the Barkindji and Ngiyampaa tribe
- I don’t like sweets
- Husky’s are my favorite dog
- As much as I love scrambling and ridge walking, I am scared of heights
- I love the smell of garlic
My nominees for the Liebster Award are:
My questions for the nominees are:
- Favorite country & why?
- What 3 essential things do you always travel with?
- What is your favorite thing to use to capture your travels memories?
- How many countries have you been to?
- Where is your next travel adventure?
- Where is your dream destination?
- Budget or luxury?
- Adventure or relaxation?
- Favorite travel App?
- Any travel advice for the budding traveler?
- Favorite travel quote?
If you like to know more about me, feel free to read About Me https://www.melbtravel.com/about-me-melbtravel/