No one wants to lug their ski’s or snowboard up a hill or through the snow back to their accommodation. Especially if you have had a hard day on the slopes or have children to carry. Imagine what it will feel like to be able to clip into your skis (or board) and head straight out of your place onto the slope?
Once you’ve experienced the utter joy of a ski-in ski-out place, the days of dragging your skis and cramming onto a shuttle bus will seem a thing of the past. Whether it be a hotel in Val Thorens or a luxury chalet on the slopes of Les Menuires, I have selected some of my favourite ski-in ski-out places to stay in France.
Table of Contents
- 1 Powder N Shine – Les Menuires
- 2 Alberta Hotel – Val Thorens Ski Resort
- 3 Hotel Beauregard – La Clusaz Ski Resort
- 4 La Grande Laniere – Les Gets
- 5 Chalet des Neiges -La Source des Arcs – Arcs 2000 Ski Resort
- 6 Ski-in Ski-out French Ski Resorts
Powder N Shine – Les Menuires
Les Menuires Ski Resort is spread across the 5 resort district areas Preyerand, La Croisette, Les Fontanettes, Les Bruyeres and Grand Reberty. At an altitude of 1,850 m (6,070 ft), it is a great ski resort for ski-in and ski-out places. Powder N Shine has a number of luxury ski-in and ski-out catered chalets, situated in Grand Reberty area.
Neve luxury Chalet, owned by Powder N Shine is located on the piste and only 5 minutes away from the ESF ski school. The rooms are lovely and spacious, decorated in a typical alpine style with opened beams. All rooms had their own bathroom and some of them even had views of the slopes.
The chalet has everything you would want from ski accommodation. A private chef who will not only make you breakfast and dinner but also afternoon cakes, which was great siting around the log burning stove after a hard day skiing. It also has a private jacuzzi, indoor sauna, a ski /board equipment area and children’s game area. You also have good Free-Wifi that works well in all areas.
I loved nothing more than coming back and sitting in front of the fire with a glass of wine and relaxing before dinner. Neve Chalet was definitely charming and luxurious and probably one of the nicest ones that I have stayed in. Not only this but the service and the owner Francesca were nothing but hospitable and made our stay so much more enjoyable.
- Address: Flocon Des Neiges, No. 14, Reberty Village, 73440, France
- Where to drink or eat nearby: La Ferme de Reberty
- Check availability: For accommodation in Les Menuires ski area.
- All the areas are connected via a bus during the day, so it is not a problem getting around.
Alberta Hotel – Val Thorens Ski Resort
Val Thorens is a purposely built high altitude Ski Resort with most of the accommodation being ski-in ski-out. There are all types of accommodation available, depending on your budget or style. You can even stay in an Igloo pod with a Finnish hot tub at one of the 5 Star hotels or a budget stay in a hostel. One of the places I have stayed in Val Thorens ski resort is Alberta Hotel.
Alberta Hotel is a stylish modern ski-in and ski-out hotel, directly on the main ski slope, near Val Thorens slalom stadium. Most of the main chairlifts, cable chairs are only 100mts -200mts away from the hotel. The hotel has definitely taken advantage of the views with the restaurant bar and the majority of the rooms overlooking the ski slopes.
The rooms were cosy with a small balcony directly above the ski slope and the whole wall was made of glass. I actually felt like I was on the ski slope from the bed, which was pretty cool. It also had good Free-Wifi, power outlets and a small desk, always a bonus when travelling. What the room lacked in space made up for with the views and location.
Waking up seeing the ski slopes and the ice wall in the distance outside my window, certainly got me excited for the day ahead skiing. Then all you needed to do was head down to the ski-locker room allocated at the bottom of the hotel and ski-out. Such a perfect way to start any day on a ski holiday
- Address: Rue du Slalom, 73440 Val Thorens, France
- Where to drink or eat nearby: Bar Au Perchoir
- Check availability: For accommodation in Val Thorens ski area.
- To get back to the hotel, take the blue Bleuets run. Pick up a bit of speed at the end and you can ski straight up to the hotel ski-locker room door.
Hotel Beauregard – La Clusaz Ski Resort
La Clusaz Ski Resort has a large variety of accommodation spread out across the ski village. Most of the places are situated in the centre and right on the ski slopes. If you are not on the ski slope then there is a regular bus service that covers the whole of the area. One such hotel directly on the slope is Hotel Beauregard.
Hotel Beauregard is a beautiful looking ski-in and ski-out hotel styled like a chalet. Located at the foot of the ski slopes and only 100 meters to the nearest ski-lifts (Grenneche and Bissonnet). Some would say it is in one of the best skiing locations in La Clusaz Ski Resort.
The rooms are lovely and decorated in typical alpine chalet style with a glass door that opened onto a balcony with views of the La Clusaz village and the mountains. The Free-Wifi worked really well and lots of power outlets, this is always a bonus when travelling. Having the mountains as my backdrop outside on the balcony was so nice.
Hotel Beauregard also had a heated indoor swimming pool with a sauna, jacuzzi and hammam, as well as a restaurant and bar area. I enjoyed coming back after skiing and relaxing with a drink on the comfy couches in front of the open fire. Whether you are skiing or enjoying a summer holiday, the hotel is a great place to stay.
- Address: 90 Sentier du Bossonnet, 74220 La Clusaz, France
- Where to drink or eat nearby: L’Alpin (5mins walk away from the hotel)
- Ski passes: You can purchase them at the hotel
- Check availability: For accommodation in La Clusaz ski area.
- ESF (French Skiing School) has a pick-up point just in front of the hotel if you or your children are taking skiing lessons.
La Grande Laniere – Les Gets
Lets Gets is a traditional charming French village that has a good variety of accommodation spread across the area. Most of the main hotels are situated in the centre. However, if you stay out further there is also a regular bus service that covers the whole of the Les Gets Ski Resort that is FREE. Check the current availability of accommodation for Les Gets Ski Resort.
La Grande Laniere is located at the bottom of one of the only privately owned chairlifts in Europe T La Turche (Teleski). It is a cosy hotel run by a lovely team. I had a spacious corner room on the 2nd floor that had views of the slopes from my bed. As well as views over Les Gets Ski village from my side balcony. For an additional surcharge you can bring your pet along on your ski holiday too.
One of the perks of La Grande Laniere is that it is ski-in and ski-out. If you don’t want to catch the Teleski, you can ski over to the Perrieres Express. It is only a couple of hundred meters away and next to the main car park for Les Gets Ski resort.
Read More – Full Ski Guide Les Gets Ski Resort France
- Address: 997 Route de la Turche, 74260 Les Gets, France
- Where to drink or eat nearby: The hotel has a really good bar
Chalet des Neiges -La Source des Arcs – Arcs 2000 Ski Resort
Arcs ski resort is part of the Paradiski ski area which comprises of four ski villages, Arc 1600, Arc 1800, Arc 2000 and Arc 1950. All of them purposefully placed on the mountainsides and are car-free, with most of them being ski-in and ski-out places. I stayed at Chalet des Neiges -La Source des Arcs with Enlow Holidays, the perfect location for a ski holiday.
Chalet des Neiges -La Source des Arcs are 5star self-contained apartments that can accommodate from 2 to 10 people. Located on the slopes in Arc 2000, near the “Cabriolet” gondola and 5 minutes from the ESF school. This modern 2-bed apartment was a comfortable size with two bathrooms, a fully equipped kitchen with all the basic essentials. As well as a living area that opened up onto a balcony with views overlooking the ski slopes.
If you don’t feel like skiing then you can enjoy the indoor swimming pool, heated sauna, hammam, fitness area or even play pool. You could not ask for a better ski-in ski-out apartment, especially being within 50 yards from everything central as well as Ski Lifts.
- Address: 2 Arc 2000, 73700 Bourg-Saint-Maurice, France
- Where to drink or eat nearby: Le Savoy (I ate and had a drink here and both times were good)
- Check availability: For accommodation in Arc 2000 ski area.
- Driving: car-park is available directly underneath the hotel.
- There is no one is at the front desk at night, so they will give you a passcode to enter. Put the code in your phone to remember, so you don’t get locked out.
Skiing through the trees in Les Arcs
Ski-in Ski-out French Ski Resorts
Read more about the Ski Resorts in France that the above ski-in ski-out places are based.
- Winter holiday Guide – La Clusaz Ski Resort
- Where the Season Starts Early and Ends Late – Val Thorens Ski Resort
- Enjoying activities on and off the slopes – Les Menuires Ski Resort
- More to off than skiing, a beautiful french village – Les Gets Ski Resort
Make sure you have the right travel insurance before hitting the ski slopes across the French Alps. Compare the ski travel holiday insurance for FREE
Good luck with choosing the right ski-in ski-out place in France. Where is your favourite ski-in ski-out place and which ski resorts is it in?
Disclaimer: Even though I was a guest at most of the hotels and chalets mentioned. All views are my own and based on my own experience.
- ⇒ The currency used across France is the euro’s
- ⇒ Check the current availability of accommodation in the Savoie the Region of France, where all the above places are based.
- ⇒ France European adaptors
- ⇒ The most convenient airport for all the above ski resorts in Geneva. There numerous daily flights from London to Geneva. Flying from any UK airport, instantly save on airport parking with Purpleparking before leaving.